Thursday, October 15, 2009

Some netting experimentation

I signed up for the third Beader's Muse competition and the kit is made up of gorgeous fall colors. I've added a couple of colors of seed beads and a beautiful rust colored bugle bead. While I can't reveal the muse yet, I've been inspired to try something new. I'm also experimenting with symmetrical and asymmetrical netting. I spent the past couple of days playing around with the beads to create some different netting patterns. I don't have access to the rest of my beads at the moment due to the great bed bug extermination (you can read about it on my all things domestic blog Duchy of Domesticity), but I'm having a good time with what is in the kit and my little additions. I'm still not quite sure what the end result is going to be but I offer these two bits of work in progress, complete with threads still attached:.

No comments: