Sunday, November 29, 2009
I worked on finishing up a bunch of pieces that have been hanging around today. Most of them are pieces I'm hoping to put up on Etsy in the next week or so. I spent a good portion of the day searching for clasps that apparently have gone permanently missing in the Great Bed Bug of Event of 2009, so some of the pieces will have to wait until my new order comes in.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
I got these cool crescent moon interlocking beads a few months ago and finally used them to make something. I paired them with some greenish teal beads surrounded by seed beads and pale green beads. I'm still trying to come up with a good name for this style. In general I'm having trouble naming jewelry designs. As I'm getting ready to think about selling things more regularly, I figure I need to address that. I think I need to come up with a particular theme and go with that. Maybe Shakespearean? Or maybe something in Hebrew.
I think the camera set up for this one turned out pretty well though and that makes me happy.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
I've finished my muse project and am working on taking suitable pictures, but I'd like to post this detail hint. You can't see the actual muse piece, and I'll wait until the big reveal to show the whole thing, but I'm excited to have done something very different than I've done before and that my original vision worked out well.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
This I made to wear for my birthday a year and a half ago. There's a hair comb that matches, and it must be a lucky one because its one of the few hair combs I've made that I haven't lost the first day I wore it.